Why homemade baby toy? I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old. And, no, mom, I am not pregnant.
Here is the reason.
My friend is coming to visit next week. She has a gorgeous little baby girl who just turned 1. Happy birthday Ksenia!
And if you follow Playtivities, you might have noticed that I am little obsessed (just a little) with reusing OLD stuff by making something NEW. So I made 3 baby toys that I will share with you in next 3 posts. Follow me along…
Here is the first homemade baby toy.
Things you will need:
- 2 plastic bottles (I used 2L soda bottles)
- Beads, rice, pasta (anything that would make noise in the bottle).
- Cut the top parts of both bottles (approx. 1/4 of a bottle)
- Put the bottoms of the bottles into each other and tape it (and tape it again for extra security)
- Open one side and add rice, pasta or beads
How to play with it:
- Shake it! The lentils inside really make a great noise. Babies love that.
2. Roll it! Baby will enjoy putting his hand on and feel the bottle move.
3. Spin it! The most fun part. Baby won’ t be able to do it, but you will. Watch him giggle as you spin that toy around on the floor.
4. Shew it! (A MUST) Tell me one toy that babies don’t put in their mouths. This one is not an exception. Keep it clean (easier said then done) and it shouldn’t be a problem.
If you liked this toy please follow my Pinterest Board where I pin all my DIY TOYS.
Important! It’s a baby toy. Also it’s a DIY. Don’t leave your baby unattended while playing with this toy. Watch him and enjoy!
Have you ever made baby toy? What was it? Did your baby play with it?