Would you be interested in getting free money for your child’s school? Yes, free cash for the place where your child spends about 10 months a year, several hours a day.
My child’s school has suffered some great budget cuts lately (as many others throughout the country) and of course it brings me to worry about the quality of education my kids will be getting in the future. Unfortunately, I can’t donate big sums of money to help out school with its programs so kids can continue on having educational field trips and other great things to enhance the education.
But there is something I can do and be a part of something big that could help out schools massively.
Box Tops For Education program does exactly this.
The efforts are so little, but the outcome is huge!
Important facts about Box Tops for Education™
- Box Tops are worth $0.10 for your child’s school
- Box Tops is one of America’s largest school earnings loyalty programs.
- Over 80,000 k-8 schools participate
- Schools can use Box Tops cash to buy whatever they need.
- Box Tops for Education has contributed over $525 million to participating schools since the launch of the program in 1996.
1. We purchased General Mills® products that participate in the program.
2. We clipped and saved the Box Tops labels.
3. We then dropped off the labels to our school.
4. Then, the school redeems every label for 10 cents.
5. The school is able to use the money where they need it most to make education better.
We shopped at Walmart to find our favorite brands that has Box Top labels.
To make it more fun for a child I gave her a task to find the products that do have the Box Tops labels on them. Then, we check if that item is on our shopping list. If it is – it’s going straight to the shopping cart.
As a former teacher I remember using my own money to buy certain school supplies for my classroom, so I could provide more fun and engaging learning for my students. To be honest, it wasn’t easy to deduct certain amount of cash every single month from my already tiny salary. So by participating in Box Tops for Education program I have a hope that that money would go to school buying enough school supplies so teachers won’t have to heart themselves financially.
As far as I know my children’s school collects and uses the funds for many wonderful programs which enhance the children’s educational experience, such as field trips to a science center.
Few tips to get even MORE box tops:
1. We raid our family’s and friends’ kitchen cabinets to find some box tops labels.
2. If you don’t have school aged kids or your kids’ school don’t participate in Box Tops program you can still collect labels and return them either to participating schools or even churches.
3. Have a dedicated spot where you put all the Box Tops labels so none of them get lost. Make sure kids know this spot as well.
4. Look for deals at Walmart where you can buy one Box Top item and get 5 additional bonus box tops. What a catch!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.