Fun Family Reunion games are always my responsibility during this special occasion.
Since half of our family lives in different countries, family reunion is one of our most welcoming and most waited event of the year! It’s priceless to meet all the relatives and enjoy unforgettable time together. After having a nice meal and heart melting conversations, we always are ready for some fun outdoor activities.
Fun Family Reunion Games Preparation
As you already know, for me it’s important to spend time with relatives and don’t feel stressed. Thus, I prefer to plan activities in advance and choose the most fun family reunion games that require minimal or no preparation and are easy to set up!
So, here it is! TOP 6 games from our last year’s family reunion! These games were super fun and all the family members enjoyed it! Even those, who don’t like to play much!
See all super fun family reunion games in the video:
Fun Family Reunion Games
Find descriptions of these fun family reunion games below!
FUN FAMILY REUNION GAMES
Game 1. The Giant Feet
It’s one of those games you need the entire dedicated team to win! The idea of course is to walk synchronously with your teammates while standing on a wooden board. And it definitely is a perfect outdoor game for both kids and parents. It might seem that preparation might take too long, but if you use your imagination and won’t try to perfect anything, the results will be priceless. So start creating lifetime memories!
You might need:
- Cardboard or wooden board
- Grab a wooden board or a thick cardboard ( similar to skis in shape) and make three holes in it.
- Fold rope in half and pull it through the hole and make a knot at the bottom part of the board. (Repeat to all three holes of the board.)
- Divide into 2 teams of 3. Players have to stand in one line, with board laying on the ground next to their feet.
- Players then stand on the board, so that their feet is on the hole and has rope on both sides of it.
- Now the only thing that’s left is to start walking in sync with your teammates standing on the board. The first time to walk a set distance – wins the game.
Game 2. Tug Of War
Tug of war is one of our favourite and fun family reunion games. It’s very active, silly and requires lot of team work! In this case, it’s perfect game to bond and have lots of laugh! Moreover, it perfectly fits for all ages and requires just a little preparation. The main idea is to have a fun battle between two teams who are tugging the rope in each side. Your team needs to tug harder than the opponents do in case to win!
You might need:
- A long rope
- Children pool
- Divide players into two teams (it’s important to have equal number teams, but considering the fact that it’s a strength game you can divide teams according to age/strength). It also can be one-on-one battle, so try all the possibilities!
- Put the children pool in the middle and ask both teams stand on the opposite sides of it. The purpose of the pool in the middle is to know which side has won.
- Prepare a long rope and divide its length equally to the players!
- Start the game! Remember, the reaction at the very beginning is really important!
- The team who first gets into the pool – looses the game!
Game 3. You Pull I Sit
I can ensure the laugh you have playing this race game! When we are talking about fun family reunion games, this game is a must to try ! All you need is to find the best place in your backyard to play it, grab some materials, pair the players and start the game!
You might need:
- Sleeping bag or a blanket. The amount of these materials depends on how many pairs you’ll have . We had three pairs, so we needed three materials.
- Divide players into teams. One team has two players.
- Decide which player will be sitting on the sleeping bag/blanket. The other player will be a puller!
- Start the race. The puller should pull the sitting player till the end of the race and come back to the start line.
- The team, who first reaches the start line, wins the game!
Game 4. Circle Footie
- Players (actually, the more the better)
- A ball
- Sit in a circle.
- Make sure your hands are on the ground. You are not going to use them in the game!
- Try to keep the ball in the air as long as possible.
- The person who didn’t kick the ball and it fell down, leaves the circle.
Advice: to make this game more kids-friendly, you can just sit and play without rules. Make sure you all have some fun!
Game 5. Outdoor Giant Jenga Game
You may know Jenga game, which is not only super popular and fun, but educational as well. It develops physical and mental skills. We love usual jenga version, but when the family reunion comes, we love to play outdoor giant jenga game. It’s perfect for outdoor activities. In the video you’ve probably saw how interesting it is to kids!
You might need:
- Outdoor Giant Jenga
- Build a tower. How to do that you may find in the instructions.
- Take one block on your turn from any level of the tower.
- Place it on the top level in order to complete your turn.
- The game ends when the tower falls.
P.S. If your husband is a great wood master, you can make giant jenga game by yourself! Looks awesome.
Game 6. No-Hands Watermelon Challenge
No-hands watermelon challenge is very delicious and fun game! All our family members love watermelon, so this game is always in their wish list!
You might need:
- A big watermelon
- Cut a watermelon in equal parts to each player.
- Sit next to the table and make sure all players have a piece of watermelon.
- Start the game – all players start to eat without using hands.
- Whoever finished the quickest is the winner! (to make it more easier, you can organize few rounds).
Super simple, yet pretty genius game where not so perfect drawing comes in handy. It’s like a broken telephone game, but in drawing. Perfect for:
- terrible artists
- ages: 4-99
- 4-7 players (if more, must divide into groups)
- family gatherings or friends
Simon says cards are perfect for teachers in the classroom and it works as good ice breakers as well! Cards are divided in few different categories:
- Chill out
- Animal Whisperer
- Move Your Bones
- 100 Hilarious Mouth Game Phrases
- Family game Shout it!
- The Best Christmas Family games
- 20 Family Game Night Ideas