Hot summer day? No Pool? No problem.
You can actually make your own in ground pool. Yes, in-ground. And of course, it won’t cost you a dime. Just the way we like it.
To make a mini in ground pool you will need:
- Place to dig the hole in the ground
- Big piece of plastic water proof material. We used an old plastic table cloth. Big shower curtain or big plastic strong bag could work too. Depending on the pool size you want to make. Keep in mind, the bigger, the better.
- Plastic bottle
1. Find the space in your backyard to dig the hole for the pool. We did it in our sandbox since it’s pretty big and it was super easy to dig. Keep in mind, when making the hole, to make the middle of it the deepest. That will help with the drainage.
The size of the hole Depends on how big is your plastic sheet. Basically it’s like putting trash bag in trash container.
2. After you dig the hole, make sure to wet that area so the plastic sheet will sit in nicer and firmer.
3 -7 To avoid a lot of hassle and work make a drainage for your mini pool. It’s very easy. Take plastic soda bottle, open the lid and place it on the plastic sheet your are using for the pool. Trace it around and cut that circle out. Now cut the top of the bottle (about 5”) and push it through the hole of the plastic sheet. Barry it into the ground (it should be deeper than the pool) and put the lid on. When you want the water to run out the pull just open the lid.
8. Keep in mind the sides of the plastic sheet has to lay on top of the hole. Cover it either with the dirt or sand or with some rocks.
9. Poor water.
The pictures say it all.
Please please don’t leave children unattended near water. Even if you think it’s not too deep and they are safe. Still don’t leave them alone near water. I will say it again. Don’t leave kids unattended near water.